Manuka Money Limited (“Manuka Money”) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Firm Reference Number 1001383. Our registered address is: The New Barn, Gawsworth Business Court, Shellow Lane, North Rode, CW12 2FQ. Company number: 10100954. ICO register number is ZB292288.
Manuka Money is as an Appointed Representative of TMG Direct Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Firm Reference Number 786245. Our registered address is: 27-29 Bridgegate, Rotherham, England, S60 1SN. Company number: 13856945. ICO register number is ZA178200.
As controllers of your data, Manuka Money Limited and TMG Direct Limited comply with the Data Protection Laws in the UK and the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal data we collect from you
Personal information collected, processed, stored, and transferred may include:
- Identity Data
- full name, previous names, date of birth, gender, marital status, ID;
- Contact Data
- home address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data
- including income, expenditure, assets, liabilities, banks statements, savings, credit commitments, pension benefits;
- Special Category Data Information
- Technical Data
- internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version and other technology on the devices used to access our websites;
- Profile and Usage Data
- feedback and survey responses, and how you use our website and services;
- Marketing and Communications Data preferences
- general contact, communication and marketing preferences.
How is personal data collected?
- From You
- by phone, email, SMS, webchat, website, web enquiry form, WhatsApp, social media and post.
- From Third Parties / Publicly Available Sources
- credit reference agencies, land registry, solicitors, lenders, estate agencies, partner introducers,.
Lawful basis for how we use your personal data we collect from you
We will collect information from you in relation to mortgage, loan or insurance services and rely on the following lawful basis for processing:
- we will always seek your consent to process certain types of information where we are legally required to do so.
- we use consent to initially engage with you and may communicate through phone, email, SMS, WhatsApp & webchat to discuss your requirements;
- we request consent to provide you with an ongoing service and contact you in the future to keep you informed of other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Legal Obligation
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- handle case enquiries, complaints, and your requests to exercise your rights.
- we collect proof of your identity and proof of address to verify your identity and complete anti-money laundering checks;
- Legitimate Interest
- we will supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs), and they will give us information about you, such as your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity and prevent criminal activity. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. Your data will also be linked to the data of your spouse, any joint applicants, or other financial associates;
- Develop and improve our products and services, including for the purpose of quality control and analysis;
- Deliver relevant website and advertisement content to you;
- Administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you;
- Use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- Performance of a Contract
- we collect information about you from the Credit Reference Agencies to assess your eligibility for the products you requested.
Third parties who we collect information from or share information with:
- Our Principal Network
- TMG Direct Limited
- Our Regulators
- to fulfil our legal obligations, for example with the Financial Conduct Authority or the Information Commissioner’s Office. Sharing of information to verify your identity and comply with Anti Money Laundering legislation, and co-operate with law enforcement, legal proceedings, or regulatory authorities.
- Product Providers
- Lenders, insurers and other product providers on our Panel (a list is available on request).
- Credit Reference Agency
- the ways in which each Credit Reference Agency use and share personal information are explained in more detail at:
- Third parties
- who we believe will be able to assist us with your enquiry or application such as trusted partners.
- such as conveyancing, estate agents, surveyors as part of the applications process.
- if you have been introduced to us from an Introducer, we may share limited information to inform them on the progress of the application.
- Specialist IT system providers, e.g., Microsoft, Ring Central, OMS
- we use third party software systems and sourcing systems including cloud-based storage, to help us to manage your application and to process and verify the personal information you supply to us. All software suppliers store any data in the UK and are subject to UK regulations including the UK Data Protection Regulations and are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the contracted service.
How long will we keep your information for?
We only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary and depends on the purpose for which we use it, our obligations, and your actions. We will retain and process your personal information based on our statutory and legal obligations, our regulatory requirements, and our legitimate business interests. We may continue to use anonymised data (which does not identify individual users) for data analysis, profiling, and research purposes, for example to gain insights about our users.
After these retention periods, if there is no other on-going relationship, your personal data will either be securely deleted or anonymised so that it can be used for statistical purposes but without any method of identifying you individually.
- Successful application
- records will be retained indefinitely. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly after 6 years, but which still needs to be retained, will be safely archived.
- Withdrawn, incomplete and failed applications
- 2 years from the date the latest application began.
- Enquiry data obtained
- 2 years from the date when the lead was received.
- Future marketing of customer
- Indefinitely where consent has been obtained unless customer requests data be removed.
- 3 years as per FCA guidelines.
Your privacy is important to us and we do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data you transmit to us, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, loss, or damage. We only process your information within the UK. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights in relation to your information
- Request access to your personal data
- this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- You have the right to request copies of all records we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data
- this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected.
- we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data
- This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no reason for us continuing to process it or where you have successfully objected to the processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law;
- Please note that we may not always be able to delete the data for specific legal reasons, if applicable we will notify you, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data
- where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data
- we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent
- where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
- this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office
- If you are not satisfied with how we respond to your enquiry, you have the right to complain to the ICO, who is the regulator for data protection in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- Right to complain to FOS
- You may also have the right to refer any complaint you make to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is an independent arbitration service and helps settle disputes between customers and businesses.
- This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
You have the choice to opt-in to receive information on products and services offered by us that may be of interest to you. We will obtain explicit consent from you either verbally, via our website, by email, or by completion of a consent form and will keep a record of your consent.
Marketing may include emails, SMS, WhatsApp, telephone calls and postal marketing. You can advise us of your preferences on how you would like us to provide marketing.
You may update your preferences or withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at info@ManukaMoney.co.uk or clicking on the relevant link in email communications you receive from us.
We will never sell your information to third parties.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact the Manuka Money Limited, The New Barn, Gawsworth Business Court, Shellow Lane, North Rode, CW12 2FQ. or email email@example.com
We shall reply as soon as possible and depending on the complexity of the request aim to fulfil your request no later than one month from receiving it. If we need additional time, we will tell you and give you the reasons why.